[mnemosyne-proj-users] Windows Defender SmartScreen prevents installation of Mnemosyne on Windows 10 PC
s***@gmail.com
2018-08-19 07:37:20 UTC
Downloaded mnemosyne 2.6.1 setup.exe but when I try to run it I get the message "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk".

"More Information" throws up only
"Application: mnemosyne-2.6.1-setup.exe
Publisher: Unknown publisher "

How should I react to this ?
Peter Bienstman

saifenspender
2018-08-19 10:10:42 UTC
Thanks for this.
As written previously, I had already clicked on 'More info'. The 'More info' told me nothing useful.
My concern was that, because Windows threw up this warning, the file I had downloaded might not be the original Mnemosyne installation file but one which, because it came from SourceForge rather than Mnemosyne, might have been changed on the way. So I ran it through Kaspersky virus check (which declared it to be clean) and Kaspersky Application Adviser (which also declared it clean and said that one user - from the Netherlands - had also given it the OK). I then told Windows Defender to let it go through and have installed the software.
Cheers
Hailo

Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Peter Bienstman <***@gmail.com> Date: 19/08/2018 10:19 (GMT+01:00) To: mnemosyne-proj-users <mnemosyne-proj-***@googlegroups.com> Subject: [mnemosyne-proj-users] Re: Windows Defender SmartScreen prevents installation of Mnemosyne on Windows 10 PC

On Sunday, 19 August 2018 10:13:08 UTC+2, ***@gmail.com wrote:Downloaded mnemosyne 2.6.1 setup.exe but when I try to run it I get the message "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk".

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/fc699f11-7b19-4fcd-9e81-dfcd6c923aff%40googlegroups.com.