Android 1.3.6. _DOES_ autoarchive logs
Angelika
2017-05-21 10:14:05 UTC
Hi Peter,

really sorry, but ...

4 Smartphones, 2 different Android-Versions, no old program-versions
(because of our latest problems I re-installed from google play store with
deleting mnemosyne-folder) and also this version (1.3.6.) started
auto-archiving of the old logs (although you said it shouldn't ...) on two
of the phones.

One time it crashed (I guess a problem with the display-darker-sleep-mode -
which can't be disabled when archiving has started ...), one time o.k.

HTH
Angelika
2017-05-22 07:50:16 UTC
Strange, can you try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbccxyillnebxtb/Mnemosyne-1.4-tmp.apk?dl=0

Angelika
2017-05-22 14:08:51 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbccxyillnebxtb/Mnemosyne-1.4-tmp.apk?dl=0

Hi Peter,

sorry, this version crashes when trying to finalise the installation (just
quitting without comment and not able to start/restart). Yes, tried to
restart mobile also ;-)

Had to delete Mnemosyne-Folder on the mobile and re-install from Google
Play.

Angelika
2017-05-22 14:17:48 UTC
This version also contains an upgrade to new libraries, so that’s probably the cause. In case you’re able to get debug logs through Android Studio, that would be very much appreciated.

Angelika
2017-05-22 15:22:02 UTC
Post by Peter Bienstman
get debug logs through Android Studio, that would be very much
appreciated.

o.k., as we had done this before ;-)
BTW: 1.3.6 from play store doesn't work on this phone any more. Although
completly deleting the folder it's not able to sync (working good before
and still working with another mobile).

But here the log's ... after I had a _real_ hard fight with Android Studio
*g*

Hope it helps
Angelika
2017-05-23 12:44:17 UTC

Mnemosyne cannot load the Python library. In this version, I’ve hopefully made things more robust and added some more debug info:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itp5498h54480qe/Mnemosyne-1.4-tmp2.apk?dl=0

BTW, you’ll probably be able to go back to 1.3.6 if you uninstall the app, as opposed to installing the old version over the newer one.

Angelika
2017-05-26 16:03:52 UTC
Hi Peter,

sorry, it was my fault in trying to keep it simple.

Tried
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyvoijl3fa4bui5/Mnemosyne-1.4-tmp4.apk?dl=0
[cutted]
and here are the logs.

First I tried to update - output in update_log.txt.
After de-install and removing Mnemosyne-Directory try No. 2 in
install_log.txt

Hope you're now able to find the informations you need.

wbr
Angelika
2017-05-27 07:52:56 UTC

It seems that for some strange reason your logs only shown ‘information’ level messages, and not ‘debug’ level information. In Android Studio, in the “Android Monitor” windows, there’s a drop down box that allows you to select “verbose”, “debug”, “info”,

Make sure this is set to “verbose”.

Or, as a workaround, in this version I output the debug info I’m after to the ‘information’ stream:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6hs0u0lj7pl8el/Mnemosyne-1.4-tmp5.apk?dl=0

*Sent:* 26 May 2017 18:04
*Subject:* Re: [mnemosyne-proj-users] Android 1.3.6. _DOES_ autoarchive
logs
Hi Peter,
sorry, it was my fault in trying to keep it simple.
Tried
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyvoijl3fa4bui5/Mnemosyne-1.4-tmp4.apk?dl=0
[cutted]
and here are the logs.
First I tried to update - output in update_log.txt.
After de-install and removing Mnemosyne-Directory try No. 2 in
install_log.txt
Hope you're now able to find the informations you need.
wbr
Angelika
.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/8613c441-62a0-4681-8efc-3c09d7d6bc18%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/8613c441-62a0-4681-8efc-3c09d7d6bc18%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Angelika
2017-06-24 11:41:52 UTC
Hi Peter,

frst: sorry for the delay, but four kids from 9 to 15 + home schooling +
exam time = no time left for trying anything

So,
[cutted]
Post by Peter Bienstman
your logs only shown ‘information’ level messages, and not ‘debug’ level
information.
[cutted]
Sorry, there was always "debug" activated ... *strange*
Post by Peter Bienstman
Make sure this is set to “verbose”.
done

[cutted]

And here are the files ...
update.txe
install.txt (after complete de-install and delete of all directories):

and sorry, both _FAILED_, but I hope that the new files are useful for you.

wbr
Angelika Blaschka
2017-06-24 15:40:46 UTC

I think I will have to forward this to the author of a library I use. Can you send me your exact brand of phone and Android version?

Thanks!

Peter

________________________________

Angelika
2017-06-24 23:38:26 UTC
Hi Peter,
Post by Peter Bienstman
Can you send me your exact brand of phone and Android version?
[cutted]
HUAWEI Build No. CAN-L01C432B140, EMUI 4.1, Android 6.0, CUSTC432D001

Hope I could identify all the infos you need ;-)

wbr
Angelika
Angelika
2017-07-21 14:37:04 UTC
Hi Peter,

perhaps I'm in the risk of being ignored from now on -- but different
phone, different database, same problem ;-)
Android version 1.3.6 tried to autoarchive logs endlessly. My first idea
(delete the database so autoarchive on empty database should be able to be
quick enough for this old phone) didn't work (autoarchive always startet
and never stopped).

Second attempt: new install (after uninstall and delete from phone) from
Google Play. App crashes after installation when trying to run.
Third attempt: new install (after uninstall and delete from phone) of the
above mentioned dropped version) - same as in attempt 2.

"Final solution": fortunately I found on my pc the old android 1.3.5
testing version you created in April: installed, synchronized, everything
works great, child is able to learn vocabulary again.
Phone: GT-S7710, Android 4.1.2 J2054K.S7710XXAMJ2

wbrs
Angelika Blaschka
2017-07-24 09:22:17 UTC
Hi Angelika,

(Sorry for the late reply, I was travelling)

You have no risk of being ignored ☺

But, just to pick up where we left during our private conversation from the end of the June with the developer of Starcore, could you try and test the version from that latest email and send the debug output to him and me?

Obviously, downgrading to 1.3.5 is not a workable long-term solution ☺

Angelika
2018-03-23 15:18:30 UTC
Sorry for bringing up this old thing, but I _LOVE_ closed threats.

All problems solved with Android version 2.0.

Thanks Peter, great work.

[cutted]