Problem with latex tmp.tex
v***@gmail.com
2018-03-26 06:57:46 UTC
I use latex for writing Mnemosyne cards.

There is a problem that special symbols, like "Ą", are incorrectly shown.

I thought this was latex font encoding issue but now I've found that this is probably Mnemosyne fault -- it does not use UTF-8 encoding for tmp.tex, it uses ansi [or windows-1257], that is it encodes character "Ą" as hex 0xc0.

Can anyone comment that my finding is correct and is this is a universal thing or specific to my configuration?
2018-03-26 07:37:07 UTC

Are you using the latest Mnemosyne version?

vycska
2018-03-26 09:36:37 UTC
I use Mnemosyne version 2.6.

I remember earlier Mnemosyne versions did not have this issue of incorrect
special symbols, cannot their tell version numbers though but I think 2.3.

Also, this problem is in Windows and in Linux as well.
2018-03-26 11:49:58 UTC

In this version, I explicitly set the encoding of the latex file to utf-8:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxjwkqf3bnmfouy/Mnemosyne-2.6.1-test.exe?dl=0

Does this help?

vycska
2018-03-26 13:54:42 UTC
Yes, with the version you posted everything is fine, symbols are displayed
correctly.