How To Quickly Bold Text Since We Can't Use CTRL+B
Chris Morlang
2018-07-15 00:34:27 UTC
Hello Everyone,

I have figured out a way to use a shortcut to bold a selection in
Mnemosyne. I got tired of typing "<b></b>" around what I wanted to bold. I
don't use cloze and prefer bold instead.

Anyway you're going to need a program called autohotkey (it's free)

Then I just created an .ahk file and typed up the following code:

#IfWinActive, Add cards
^Numpad1::
{
Send, {CTRL Down}{x}{CTRL Up}
Send, <b>
Send, {CTRL Down}{v}{CTRL Up}
Send, </b>
Return
}
#IfWinActive, Edit card
^Numpad1::
{
Send, {CTRL Down}{x}{CTRL Up}
Send, <b>
Send, {CTRL Down}{v}{CTRL Up}
Send, </b>
Return
}

Now when I highlight a word I press CTRL+1 (on numpad) and it automatically
cuts, then types <b>, then pastes the text back, then types </b>
You can set the shortcut to any key combination you'd like and thanks to
#IfWinActive the shortcut will only work when adding cards or editing cards.

I don't do anything else to my cards but you can use autohotkey to make
other shortcuts and there is a lot of help for the program if you google
what you'd like to do.
Francesco Ariis
2018-07-15 07:04:37 UTC
Hello Chis,
Post by Chris Morlang
Hello Everyone,
I have figured out a way to use a shortcut to bold a selection in
Mnemosyne. I got tired of typing "<b></b>" around what I wanted to bold. I
don't use cloze and prefer bold instead.
Well done! I often find myself in similar situations and this was
very helpful
-F