Syncing cards
x***@gmail.com
2018-06-19 10:36:47 UTC
please, is there any way to sync cards without learning progress over local network?

The idea is to prepare cards for my kids on my computer (server). We'd like to sync their databases over local network, while keeping learning progress of each user and with no possibility to accidently delete data on the server (one way sync). Is it possible?

Thank you.
2018-06-19 11:17:37 UTC

What I would do is run multiple copies of Mnemosyne on the server, one for each user, and each on their own port. If you add new cards for e.g. child A, export them as a "*.cards" file for child B and import in the database of child B.

2018-06-19 11:22:50 UTC
Forgot to mention: each copy of Mnemosyne on the server should use a different data directory of course, which you can set with the '-d <dirname>' command line option.