Usability improvements (was: RE: [mnemosyne-proj-users] Sync error - Deleting same fact twice)
2018-05-24 10:56:12 UTC

OK, I see what you mean with respect to the statistics. In that case, it’s cleaner if I for retention score and grade I simply add separate lines for the parent tags too, without the user having to do strange things with adding superfluous tags themselves ☺

With an option in ‘having all of these tags’, I not only meant in activate, but also in the card browser. That would solve your problem I think.

With respect to getting rid of saved sets and replacing everything by tags, I’m afraid I have to decline ☺ . That would lose a lot of functionality. E.g., I have only a few saved sets, but each of them contain much more than 1 tag. Also, the same tag can be active in many saved sets.

In your collection, you have several hundred tags. Do you really want to be able to study them one by one in order? Apart from being very cumbersome to switch between these tags manually, it’s also not good for memory if you compartmentalise your reviews too much. Also, if you use saved sets to choose which new words you want to memorise, it’s probably much easier to use a few well-chosen saved sets (which can evolve over time), rather than having to scroll through an enormous list of tags.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it’s always helpful to know in what ways people use Mnemosyne that I didn’t consider!