NAS for sync between Macbook Air and Android
Add Reply
Henrik in Oslo
2018-10-01 13:01:58 UTC
Peter,

I am a Mnemosyne addict and use it for learning all sorts of things. At the
moment French language my top priority. I always use my MacBook Air. I love
the program. I am still on ver 2.3.6 which is nice an stable.

I would like also to use Mnemosyn on my Android Galaxy S9, but it is
inconvenient for me to always have the Mac running. I also understand that
the idea of synch via Dropbox or similar is not happening in near future.

For non-Mnemosyne reasons I (with lots of assistance, non-techy myself)
consider setting up a NAS .

Could I then set up the NAS (which will be always up and running) to do the
synch for my Mnemosyne DB?

BR / Henrik (Oslo)
2018-10-01 13:07:49 UTC

Yes, you could in theory do that, but it depends a bit on the strength of the hardware, and how easy it is to install Python on.

A couple of years, I got it to work on my old NAS, but it was rather slow, though.