Synching issues
simon.ss693 via mnemosyne-proj-users
2018-03-31 10:22:36 UTC
I wonder if you could help.

I have been using mnemosyne for over a year without this issue occurring.

Currently when trying to sync, I get the error message 'Timeout when trying to connect to server!'

I have so far tried the following:

Deleting all mnemosyne data on my phone (both 'Mnemosyne' and 'org.mnemosyne' folders)
Reinstalling mnemosyne on both laptop and phone
Trying different networks
Double checking all connection and log in details
Doing all the above 2 more times

I'm really not sure what the problem could be.

Thanks,
Simon
2018-04-01 05:07:22 UTC

This message indicates network issues. I would check if your firewall settings haven't changed on your laptop.

Good luck!

Peter

________________________________

2018-04-02 02:18:13 UTC
Hi,
Sent: Saturday, 31 March 2018 22:00
To: mnemosyne-proj-users
I wonder if you could help.
I have been using mnemosyne for over a year without this issue occurring.
Currently when trying to sync, I get the error message 'Timeout when trying to connect to server!'
Deleting all mnemosyne data on my phone (both 'Mnemosyne' and 'org.mnemosyne' folders)
Reinstalling mnemosyne on both laptop and phone
Trying different networks
Double checking all connection and log in details
Doing all the above 2 more times
I'm really not sure what the problem could be.
Thanks,
Simon
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. Yes it turned out to be the firewall.

Simon