Too long between low graded cards?
Dean Amine
2018-03-25 16:29:00 UTC
This seems kind of crazy. For instance, the highlighted card I had some
trouble with but I knew kind of shakily so I gave it a 2, hoping I'd get to
shore it up again in the next couple days. Instead it decided to wait a
month?! For a 2??

I think of 2 as "1-3 days". A three as "4-7 days". A four as "a couple
weeks". And a 5 as "a month or more". That's what it seems to be when
you're running a new card through. But it seems to follow its own schedule,
really. It spaces cards out more and more whether you want it to or not,
the longer they have been learned. The ranking system isn't listening to
me.

For now, I've discovered that giving a learned card a 1 sort of resets this
process.
Dean Amine
2018-03-25 16:40:45 UTC
Another thing I've always noticed is that if you give something a 5 right
away after learning it, mnemosyne similarly doesn't really listen. Going
forward, it will give it to you in basically the same pace as if you gave
it a 2, then a 3, then a 4, then a 5.
2018-03-26 07:42:33 UTC

That’s precisely how the SM2 algorithm works: https://www.supermemo.com/english/ol/sm2.htm

Intervals will never decrease on a correct answer, but will increase more slowly with lower grades.