importing error?
Ayesha Nicole
2018-06-07 01:43:53 UTC
Good Evening,

Yes, but it is unclear to me what formatting is incorrect? Are there any
charachters that would cause it - or just tab spacing? I attached the
file, because I do not understand what the error is? The only tabs are
from exporting from Quizlet. There are hard returns in the text - would
those be recognized as 'tabs'?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ayesha
Hi,
As you’d expect from the error message, it means line 4 is not correctly
formatted J
Double check if that line (and all lines) contains a question and an
answer separated by a single tab.
*Sent:* 06 June 2018 08:36
*Subject:* [mnemosyne-proj-users] importing error?
Good Morning!
I exported a deck from Quizlet separated by tab and pasted it into Notepad
and saved as UTF-8; and am attempting to import a tab-deliminated text
"Plain text and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Mnemosyne can import plain text files where each line contains a
question/answer pair separated by a tab. So e.g. if you have such a list in
Word, save it as plain text (*.txt), choose 'other encoding - Unicode
(UTF-8)' if your data contains foreign characters, and then you get a file
which you can import in Mnemosyne if you choose the 'Tab-separated text
files' format."
https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/importing.php
* * *
and received the attached error message, and I am unsure what exactly is
incorrect? What do you advise, please?
<javascript:>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/2f877ecf-dccf-4d22-b28f-871e728cebf1%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/2f877ecf-dccf-4d22-b28f-871e728cebf1%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>