2.6.1 and Windows 10?
Add Reply
c***@gmail.com
2018-09-19 01:26:37 UTC
I just got a new computer with Windows 10 (had been using Windows 7 up
until now). At the same time, I also installed 2.6.1, which I had not
bothered to do yet. Now, sometimes my cards don't show the answer when I
press the space bar, and it seems, sometimes I am being shown the wrong
card. For example, I see a question, perhaps one I have already had for
that day, and then if I click edit to reveal the whole card, I see that it
is a totally different card.
2018-09-19 07:19:35 UTC

With respect to the space bar, first make sure that Mnemosye has focus, e.g. by clicking on the question box. Does it work then?

I’ve tried editing the card several times here, and always the card being show on edit is the same as the one being showed in the review window. Does this happen always? Does your PC feel sluggish, so that it needs to catch up? Is the edit card the previous card show during the review process, the next one coming up or a completely different card?

You might try with an older Mnemosyne version on your Win10 machine, or with the latest Mnemosyne version on your Win7 machine to see if that makes a difference.

2018-09-19 11:19:38 UTC
Thanks. The edit card seems to be the current card that should be coming up
in the review process, while the card showing in the box is the previous
card that will not change. In other words, I answer a question, then press
enter or click on the space bar to see the answer, but it never shows me
the answer. If I keep clicking/pressing space bar, nothing changes. The
same card remains in the window. However, if I press edit, I can see the
new card, or the card that I should be seeing in the window. Does that make
sense? This does not happen frequently, but it has happened several times
since switching. I will post again if the problem persists, or if I notice
some new details about it.

Thanks,
Cory
Hi,
*Sent:* 19 September 2018 03:27
I just got a new computer with Windows 10 (had been using Windows 7 up
until now). At the same time, I also installed 2.6.1, which I had not
bothered to do yet. Now, sometimes my cards don't show the answer when I
press the space bar, and it seems, sometimes I am being shown the wrong
card. For example, I see a question, perhaps one I have already had for
that day, and then if I click edit to reveal the whole card, I see that it
is a totally different card.
<javascript:>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/0effb84d-ffab-4ed2-ae83-70561d677172%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/0effb84d-ffab-4ed2-ae83-70561d677172%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
2018-09-19 11:27:56 UTC
I’m afraid I’ve never seen anything like this
 It’s probably an issue with the Qt library we use, where the command to repaint the window gets lost somewhere. It would be interesting to see if the problem occurs with older versions of Mnemosyne, which use older version of Qt.

If you encounter a ‘stuck’ card, it’s probably best to restart Mnemosyne so that your learning data does not get affected.

*Sent:* 19 September 2018 03:27
I just got a new computer with Windows 10 (had been using Windows 7 up
until now). At the same time, I also installed 2.6.1, which I had not
bothered to do yet. Now, sometimes my cards don't show the answer when I
press the space bar, and it seems, sometimes I am being shown the wrong
card. For example, I see a question, perhaps one I have already had for
that day, and then if I click edit to reveal the whole card, I see that it
is a totally different card.
msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/0effb84d-ffab-4ed2-ae83-
70561d677172%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/0effb84d-ffab-4ed2-ae83-70561d677172%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
.
msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/d08422a0-17ff-4920-9e16-
1f48fe255b02%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/d08422a0-17ff-4920-9e16-1f48fe255b02%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
.
msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/3cf4964c63914cdd9fedac432efacd
ad%40xmail101.UGent.be
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/3cf4964c63914cdd9fedac432efacdad%40xmail101.UGent.be?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Cory Jorgensen
Assistant Professor of Arabic
Dept. of Classical & Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
The George Washington University

Phillips Hall 335
801 22nd St., NW
Washington, DC 20052