Problem with Cramming Mode / Configuration
Lenore Raven
2018-03-26 17:39:07 UTC
Hi!
I really love using Mnemosyne and it helps me a lot with learning
remembering Kanji for my University Course in Japanology.

I recently discovered the cramming mode and really want to use the 'Cram
recently learned new cards' for an upcoming exam, just to be able to repeat
more often.
But somehow, I only get the same 33 Cards for cramming, again and again.
I tried restarting Mnemosyne (with the "Remember which cards you've crammed
when restarting Mnemosyne." option active) and i tried to set the Option
that defines how many retention repetition(s) are needed for cards to count
as "Recent cards" to every integer for 1 to 10,
but it seems when i press "ok" to save the changes, this option always
resets back to "1".

I'm not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong here, or if cram mode is
supposed to work that way.

Thanks for answers in advance!
2018-03-27 07:03:10 UTC

“Cram recently learned new cards” does exactly what it says: it crams the cards you’ve learned for the first time the last couple of days, which in your case is 33 cards.

There’s also “Cram all cards”, just below, which crams all active cards. If you want to focus e.g. on cards with a given tag, you can select that in “(De)activate cards”.

Lenore Raven
2018-03-27 09:47:13 UTC
Thanks for your fast answer!

I'm pretty sure i've learned about 100+ new cards the last couple of days,
thats why I was wondering why only 33 are showing up in cram mode.

But thanks to your hint I just added a new tag to my new learnt cards, and
use 'cram all cards' function now, which works perfectly. Thanks a lot.
2018-03-27 10:03:15 UTC
Perhaps you added a new card to Mnemosyne and immediately gave it a grade >= 2? This does not count as a new card.

Also, in the settings you can configure how many retention reps a card can get until it is no longer considered as new.

Lenore Raven
2018-03-27 12:46:01 UTC
That’s a bug, will be fixed in the next release!

Thanks!

Peter

yes, i tried to change this setting for retention reps, but it seems when i press "ok" to save the changes, this option always resets back to "1".