Memosyne 2.6.1 RC1 ready for testing
m***@gmail.com
2018-07-19 18:15:00 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mivvyyp07h3s2av/mnemosyne-2.6.1-RC1-setup.exe?dl=0

Mnemosyne 2.6.1

- In the grade and easiness statistics, added option to only show active cards,
as well as options to group multiple subtags.
- In the card browser, added option to filter on cards having all of a certain
number of tags.
- Fix bug with Mnemosyne not remembering the setting of "Recent cards are cards
with at most X retention repetitions" (reported by Lenore Raven).
- Fix crash in the review server (reported by Dorian Hawkmoon).
- Fix crash in card browser when having set the card background colour for all
cards at once (reported by Adam Papai, Jan Simunek).
- Fix interaction between Unicode and Latex (reported by vycska).
- Work around progress bars which don't close under Linux (fix by Emilian
Mihalache).
- Fix bug with special characters like apostrophes in export to *.cards format.
- Warn when fields are missing during tsv import (requested by Pavel B.).
- When creating or editing a card, superfluous tags like having both A and A::B
will be consolidated in a single tag A::B.
- Upgraded to PyQt 5.10.1 and matplotlib 2.2.2 under Windows.
2018-07-20 18:43:15 UTC
Hello Peter,

some feedback:

1. I love the feature, that you can see the statistics from parent tags!
Very nice!

2. The statistics get cut of at the bottom (see screenshots below).

3. The statistics of "last week" is not calculated, when you open the
tab for the very first time. The time span seems to be longer then one
week too. (see screenshot below)

4. The "Having all of these tags" feature is very nice. :) Thank you!
There is only one improvement possible: You could make parent tags
(e.g.: Turkish) selectable without selecting all child tags at the same
time (e.g.: Turkish::Animals). If you select a parent tag plus the tag
"Starred", most of the time you won't get a result. In SQL you could do
this with the ANY operator (https://www.dofactory.com/sql/where-any-all).

I wish you a nice weekend!

Abakus
2018-07-23 11:43:24 UTC

As for the graphical issues, I cannot reproduce them here, but I’ve added some extra safety statements to a new build here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2gabe8rpsmxul1/mnemosyne-2.6.1-RC1-setup.exe?dl=0

Does this help? If not, does manually changing the size of the window help?

For the ‘last week’ issue, I cannot reproduce this here. What happens if you call up e.g. last month, and then go back to last week?

With respect to parent tags, don’t forget that you’re not supposed to have cards with both “a” tags and “a::b” tags, and that this version will prevent you from doing that for new cards. So, I still believe that it makes most sense to also select child tags when you click parent tags, especially as that’s the behaviour everywhere else in Mnemosyne.

[cid:***@01D4228A.E064A330]
[cid:***@01D4228A.E064A330]

2018-07-23 20:42:47 UTC
Hi Peter,

I can only change the width of the window or maximize the window. The height will not change. X-Axis is not visible, whatever I try.

Everything is fine, when I change it to month and then back to week. It only happens right after reinstalling Mnemosyne. It's not a real bug. It's a onetime very tiny bug.  After once changing to a different drop box value, Mnemosyne seems to remember the last drop box value.

Cheers,

Abakus
Hi,

2018-07-23 20:45:04 UTC
I have used the executable, which you uploaded last.
Hi,

2018-07-23 21:00:33 UTC
Hi Peter,

I might have found the cause for the not-visible x-axis. I have never changed this setting. It's been set to the recomended value of 150%. After changing this value to 125% the x-axis is visible, but the window size and font size is very small.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers,

Abakus
Post by a***@arcor.de
I have used the executable, which you uploaded last.
Hi,

2018-07-24 06:55:27 UTC

Still, regardless of zoom level, you should be able to change the size of the window in both directions. Since I cannot reproduce this here, there’s not a whole lot I can do at this point. I’m guessing it’s a bug in Qt and/or matplotlib, and hopefully a new version of these libraries will fix it

Am 23.07.2018 22:45 schrieb ***@arcor.de<mailto:***@arcor.de>:

I have used the executable, which you uploaded last.
Hi,

mnemosyne-proj-users+***@googlegroups.com<mailto:mnemosyne-proj-users+***@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/3k7jnuu4hnltsjkl6ndmf3u6.1532378934794%40email.android.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/3k7jnuu4hnltsjkl6ndmf3u6.1532378934794%40email.android.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.