Mnemosyne 2.6 released
2017-12-11 17:26:55 UTC
https://mnemosyne-proj.org/download-mnemosyne.php

Mnemosyne 2.6 : 2017-12-11

- Import of Anki databases (both *.anki2 and *.apgk) as well as
possibility to edit these M-sided card types (though not yet in a way
that would change the number of sister cards).
- Fix display of question in the card browser in case you configured
Mnemosyne to show question and answer in the same window.
- Fix bugs with increase of non-latin fonts (reported by JDD annd Scott
Youngman).
- Fix cornercase bug in RTL handler (reported by Fonzo99).
- Upgrade to latest version of libraries (PyQt, Python, Matplotlib).
- Improve keyboard shortcuts (reported by Scott Youngman).
- Fixes to the behaviour of the Edit dialog of the Card Browser (reported by
Scott Youngman).
- Also save window size when exiting window by pressing escape (reported by
Scott Youngman).
- Fix display of map cards when showing Q and A in the same box (reported by
Scott Youngman).
- Disallow renaming a single tag to multiple tags in the tag tree widget.
(reported by abacus).
- In case you get crashes in the browser when trying to display only untagged
cards, you can now run 'File - Compact - Defragment database' to fix this
(reported by abacus).
- Fix crash in headless server.
- Fix crashes when running separate scripts (patch by Julian Mehne).
2018-01-16 00:53:37 UTC
I just tried to install this, but it would not seem to run either in Chrome
or Firefox. In other words, after I download and click run, nothing
happens. I am using Windows 7.
2018-01-16 08:01:07 UTC

Does the file you download in your browser have the .exe extension? Sometimes browsers change the extension to .zip and then you have to change it back.

2018-01-16 13:17:22 UTC
Yes, when I click to download, it shows as .exe in my browser. Then, when
it is done, I click it, and the click run, but nothing happens after that,
and there also seems to be no trace of the file in the folder it was
downloaded to.
Hi,
*Sent:* 16 January 2018 01:54
[...]
<javascript:>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/a7f37836-ca77-465c-befc-0b480ca10b5b%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/a7f37836-ca77-465c-befc-0b480ca10b5b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
2018-01-16 13:24:35 UTC

If there’s no trace of that file in the download folder, then probably the download went wrong. What happens if you right-click on the downloaded file at the botton of your browser and choose ‘show location’ (or something like that)? Do you find the installer then?

Yes, when I click to download, it shows as .exe in my browser. Then, when it is done, I click it, and the click run, but nothing happens after that, and there also seems to be no trace of the file in the folder it was downloaded to.

Hi,

2018-01-16 13:40:45 UTC
Okay, just did all that, and when I chose "show in folder" it did bring up
my folder where it looked like it was downloaded. I then chose run, and the
same thing happened. Then, I went back to that same folder, but it had
disappeared again.
Hi,
*Sent:* 16 January 2018 01:54
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/8f6ff038-9ea3-499d-88c3-cb24ffd7b444%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/8f6ff038-9ea3-499d-88c3-cb24ffd7b444%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
2018-01-16 13:45:46 UTC
If after ‘show in folder’ you can see the installer, what happens if you copy it to another directory and run it from there by double-clicking the installer icon?

Peter

Okay, just did all that, and when I chose "show in folder" it did bring up my folder where it looked like it was downloaded. I then chose run, and the same thing happened. Then, I went back to that same folder, but it had disappeared again.

Hi,

2018-01-16 13:55:22 UTC
Ah, I think I see what's happening here. When I did that, I got a message
from Symantec, saying the file posed a risk. I cannot download it now, but
I think I will be able to take it into our university tech office and ask
them to circumvent it. Thanks for the help!
*Sent:* 16 January 2018 01:54
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/d3253b14-83b2-4fd1-971a-0c83088fdef5%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/d3253b14-83b2-4fd1-971a-0c83088fdef5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
2018-01-16 13:56:07 UTC
That explains things!

2018-04-09 00:42:03 UTC
Post by Peter Bienstman
[...]
I was looking for the change log on the site. Seems like it should be there, or linked in help in the app. Dunno, perhaps nobody else looks for change logs.
2018-04-09 06:56:03 UTC

The changelog is linked from the download page (URL below of the download page below).

Cheers,

Petert