Problem sync'ing Android
Add Reply
George
2018-08-21 15:26:14 UTC
I recently got a new phone, and newly installed mnemosyne on a laptop
(Ubuntu 17.10), and installed a new copy of mnemsyne on my new phone. So
both the server and client are new.

I have configured my laptop as the server, getting the IP address and
setting a user/pass.

I get a timeout when trying to cync. I have restarted both sides, and
doublechecked user/pass and server IP address.

The phone is definitely connecting to my computer.

What should I do now?

Thanks.
2018-08-22 06:56:17 UTC

By the phone being connected to your computer, you mean WiFi right? An USB connection does not work.

Make sure your router does not block the port Mnemosyne uses and also check that you’re using the latest Mnemosyne version (Ubuntu comes bundled with an old one).

George
2018-08-24 18:15:19 UTC
Hi Peter,

Where are instructions about connecting menomsyne from my android to my
laptop via WiFi?

Thanks!
2018-08-25 04:21:58 UTC
https://mnemosyne-proj.org/help/syncing