why not an open repository for cards
Add Reply
unaltroancoraancora
2018-08-01 00:32:40 UTC
Hello, I'm a quite new user to flashcards software, and I'm astonished by
their potential for language learning. however, one thing surprise me: have
anyone thought about creating some open lecensed language course based on
flashcards, with those flashcards created and updated by a collaborative
community in a "wiki" fashion? I think that this idea has a great potential
to become a succesfull project, being both usefull for people who already
knows this learning method, and for who don't know it yet, because it could
make good pubblicity for it.

greetings, carlo
2018-08-01 06:37:36 UTC

You can upload premade cards here: https://mnemosyne-proj.org/card-sets

There’s no Wiki functionality, though.

2018-08-05 01:53:03 UTC
I know this well, but if you consider my idea a bit further, I think it
worthfull to be discussed. I told about wiki functionality because I think
that way we could easely create a unified repository of decks constantly
checked, improved and discussed by a community which could be attracted by
the way this hole repository works. clearly it's something that has
completely to be built, but I think it's an interesting idea.

Hi,
*Sent:* 01 August 2018 02:33
Hello, I'm a quite new user to flashcards software, and I'm astonished by
their potential for language learning. however, one thing surprise me: have
anyone thought about creating some open lecensed language course based on
flashcards, with those flashcards created and updated by a collaborative
community in a "wiki" fashion? I think that this idea has a great potential
to become a succesfull project, being both usefull for people who already
knows this learning method, and for who don't know it yet, because it could
make good pubblicity for it.
greetings, carlo
<javascript:>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/bc67cf07-40da-42db-a3b1-e2909ee0538a%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mnemosyne-proj-users/bc67cf07-40da-42db-a3b1-e2909ee0538a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
2018-08-05 05:56:48 UTC

It is an interesting idea, but I'm afraid I don't have the bandwidth for this. However, somebody else could perfectly step in and do this if they want.

I know this well, but if you consider my idea a bit further, I think it worthfull to be discussed. I told about wiki functionality because I think that way we could easely create a unified repository of decks constantly checked, improved and discussed by a community which could be attracted by the way this hole repository works. clearly it's something that has completely to be built, but I think it's an interesting idea.

Hi,